When you think you’re cool, do you find yourself struggling to keep up with Gen-Z’s lingo next time?
You’re probably not as cool as you thought you were.
It’s hard to keep up with slang words that pop up faster than Instagram reels and Tik Tok trends.
Here’s your cheat sheet to the top 2022 slangs you need to know.
What Are Slang Words?
Slang is a type of language that’s too informal to use in certain situations. You can tell a word or phrase is slang when it becomes uncool to use it after a while — like “groovy” or “far out.” It is often considered vulgar or offensive to use slang in polite conversation.
Top 10 most confusing slang words
- “Greatest of all time” is an acronym for popular slang “Goat”.
- This is an acronym for “if you know, you know”.
- Used to express disgust, horror, etc.
- Someone (typically a man) who is desperate for attention and affection from someone else (typically a woman).
- Chief Executive Officer.
- To be excellent or amazing.
- It means to be impressed or amazed by something.
- Suspect or suspicious.
- An extremely or excessively enthusiastic and devoted fan
- A Zennial is a person born between 1993 and 1998. They are between Millennials and Generation Z.
The top 10 trending slangs were discussed in this article. How many of these slang words did you already know? Or if you some other popular slang words that are trending in 2022, feel free to let us know in the comments.
We hope this article turned out to be helpful for you.